‘Power Reporting: The African Investigative Journalism Conference 2011′ was hosted by FAIR and Wits University during October 31 – November 2nd, 2011. Download the full programme here
- Multiple FAIR Award winner Emmanuel Mayah, on the large scale African agricultural land sales.
- Kassim ‘pirates’ Mohamed, on hunger in the Horn and how Somali’s help each other.
- Eric Mwamba on the African Rich.
- China in Africa.
FROM THE WORLD: Felicity Lawrence, award-winning writer on the food industry for the London Guardian. Why food prices are rising across the world and how Africa is being exploited.
- Data Visualisation for print and online with Amanda Cox, New York Times.
- Energy and climate change with John Vidal, London Guardian and OSI fellow Ken Silverstein, energybiz.com.
- Computer assisted reporting: skills for the newsroom and investigative reporting.